'Tis the Season: Greg's Fruitcakery & Bakeshop

by - Saturday, January 07, 2017

Greg's Fruitcakery & Bakeshop
Twin Lakes, Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway, Tagaytay City








DISCLAIMER: Not a fan of fruitcakes
After having two breakfasts, we then headed to Twin Lakes for another stop over to have some snacks or coffee. Our group broke down into smaller groups and had our own mini food crawl. The group I was in decided to pay Greg a visit. 





The interiors of the place is great having wooden furnitures with displays of the pastries all over. It only has a few chairs, probably because they are more of a "to-go" business. Looking around, we discovered that Greg’s doesn’t only sell fruitcakes, but also breads and cakes. We ordered their Gold’s PiecaKen cake, Carrot Cheesecake, and a small fruitcake. 

Gold's Piecaken Cake P130
A 3-layered cake. I didn't appreciate this cake because I found the layers too dry and a bit hard.

Carrot Cheesecake P130
This one's better than the first cake, but I just found the middle layer a bit too thick. The cinnamon in the cake was also strong.

Fruitcake P600-P700?
I can't remember the price correctly but I know that for a small block of the fruitcake, it's no joke. Their fruitcake truly was the highlight from our visit at Greg's because we really got the price we paid for it. The cake was moist and loaded with ingredients (fruits stuff). The only problem I have with fruitcakes is that it contains liquor, which my tongue can't bear. I could've given a higher rating for their fruitcake alone if I was a fruitcake fan. But if you are one, then I think this is good 128077

Their server was very friendly and even exchanged some jokes with us.

My score:
Pricing – 3/5
Service – 4/5
 Ambiance – 3/5  
Taste – 2/5
Greg's Fruitcakery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You May Also Like

0 comments