Eat & Run: Runner's Kitchen

by - Friday, February 03, 2017

Runner's Kitchen
Creekside Square Bldg., Tomas Morato Ave., Kamuning, Quezon City




The struggle was real. I had a lot of cravings this week. I almost reached my breaking point and almost ran to the nearest ramen restaurant around my area. But I'm thankful that I didn't, because what I discovered in Kamuning offered something much more than just soup and noodles.
We drove to Quezon City just to visit Runner's Kitchen and enjoy a healthy lunch. We arrived at around 12:15pm and parked our car (good thing a few spaces were still available). We entered the small restaurant, settled, and admired its interiors, with the hanging flashlights and bikes, and the bottles of liquors on the tables being the most noticeable.
Here were our orders:
Tahini Quinoa Super Bowl P330

•mushrooms•chick peas•carrots•bean sprouts•cucumber• lettuce•cashew candy•tomatoes•quinoa•house-made tahini• 

Fresh and simple everyday vegetables tossed with quinoa and tahini sauce that had a hint of spice. I liked the veggies part of the dish but the cold quinoa with the chickpeas tasted weird for me. This was too healthy!!! 

Paprika Prawns P410
•pan-seared prawns•red radish•crispy basil and spinach• sun-dried tomato yogurt•


Choice of Starch:
•Black Rice +P40
•Quinoa +P80
•Roasted Sweet Potato +P110
•Cauliflower Rice +P140

Each starch is cooked with tomatoes, caramelized onions and mushrooms. I chose black rice as my starch and I loved it! I tasted a lot of elements in the whole dish, in general. Even the black rice alone was flavorful enough. The prawns were cooked right. It wasn't chewy. The sauce that came with it had a taste of garlic and it went so good with the prawns. The crispy basil and spinach added some bitterness, texture and crunch to the whole dish. I really loved my order. I still can't get over it. I was actually choosing between 3 mains for my order and the server recommended this, and I'm so glad I went with it.
Service was great. Our orders and all other requests were complied with so quickly.
It's too early to have a favorite dish for 2017 but RK's Paprika Prawns will definitely make it on my most memorable foodscapes of 2017.

My score:
Pricing – 3.5/5
Service – 4/5
 Ambiance – 4/5  
Taste – 4.5/5
Runner's Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You May Also Like

0 comments