When in Marikina: Greg and Sally Tree Garden Cafe

by - Thursday, September 07, 2017


My boyfriend and I were at Marikina Heights last weekend, and I took it as an opportunity to try the places around the area that I've been meaning to try. First on that list is Greg and Sally's Garden Cafe, which is also the closest to where we came from. But, seeing that it is a garden cafe with open areas, we decided not to push through with it fearing the intense heat we might have to endure, so we headed to the next one. However, when we arrived Lilac st., the place was full and there were no parking spaces available! So we headed back to Greg and Sally, and it was the best decision we made that day.



















Ambiance-wise, I expected more from the place. I pictured it as a more spacious, dreamy garden cafe, just as what I've been seeing from photos online. Though it may not be as beautiful as how I imagined it to be, Greg and Sally was still able to set a cozy, slightly romantic vibe for me and my date.






We didn't expect much from their food, either. Their menu is pretty straight forward and simple, and prices are very affordable, so we were prepared to have mediocre-tasting food just enough to get us through dinner. Well, not quite. 

Mushroom Sisig P175
A plate of flavorful sisig with cupful of rice and sunny side up egg. I have to admit, I was really surprised with this one. Each bite boasts with the bold flavor of sisig, but without the toasted, cooked-on-a-sizzling-plate crunch, and tongue-numbing spice that most people might be into. It's also not purely mushroom bits, which is probably why the dish was able to bring out more flavors. Definitely worth the price.

Gourmet Tinapa P200
Their gourmet tinapa is their best seller. Although I do not completely agree with this (because I really liked their mushroom sisig), it's still fairly justifiable. I loved how their tinapa was prepared breakfast relleno style with some capers, diced tomatoes, and pickled mangoes on the side to perfectly mask the dish's salty nature. 

The serving size of each plate is a lot. The taste was not bad, the ambiance is great. Overall, given the price, I can say that there's really nothing you would dare to complain about. We had a very pleasant dining experience. I hope they provide the same, consistent service to every customer. 


My Scores:
Pricing - 4.5/5
Ambiance - 4/5
Service - 4/5
Taste - 4/5


Hungry for More,

Greg and Sally Tree Garden Cafe is located at 145 Ipil Corner Champaca St. Marikina Heights, Marikina City

Date of Visit: August 20, 2017

Greg and Sally Tree Garden Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You May Also Like

0 comments